CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
The Certificate in Individual Support will qualify students to work in aged care facilities, the community and supported residential services. Aged Care facilities include private, public, retirement villages, nursing homes and hostels. Workers report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
- This course will prepare you for a job in the Care industry.
- You will be required to study 7 core units and 6 electives.
- AMES Australia organises an aged care work placement for a minimum of 120 hours for each student. All students are supervised during their placement.
- All AMES Australia industry certificate courses provide specialist English language support for refugees and migrants.
What will I learn?
- The activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care facility or in a home.
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- See details of the course modules to be studied.
What jobs can I get after completing this course?
- Community house worker
- Home care assistant
- Assistant in nursing
- Personal care assistant
- Residential care worker
An intermediate level of English is required, however your English level will be assessed on application. One of the following should also apply:
- an Australian Citizen
- a Permanent Resident
- a holder of a permanent visa
- a New Zealand citizen
- SEE client
- Full time - Minimum of 20 hours per week
- 20 weeks
July - December 2016
- AMES Australia Noble Park - Tuesday 7th of June from 9.30am - 12.00 pm
- AMES Australia Box Hill - Wednesday 1st June at 10:00am OR Wednesday 15th June at 10:00am
- AMES Australia Footscray - Wednesday 1st June at 2:00pm
The fee is determined by your eligibility for Government funding. Download the Fee Schedule or contact AMES to check your eligibility for a concession fee.
There may be extra charges for learning materials, first aid certificate, police check etc.
How to Enrol
Contact the best AMES Australia location for you and find out:
- course dates
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. RTO 0590.