SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
From the Certificate II in Kitchen Operations we will delivering select units to assist you in preparing for a career in the hospitality industry such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops; and in institutions such as aged care facilities, hospitals, prisons, and schools.
- This course will help you launch a hospitality career.
- All AMES Australia industry certificate courses provide specialist English language support for refugees and migrants.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course I will know how to
- utilise cooking skills to create a career in Hospitality.
- work in a commercial kitchen environment.
- understand hygiene & commercial cleaning.
- practise safety at work.
- prepare simple dishes, appetizers, salads, stocks, soups and sauces.
- prepare vegetables, eggs, and fruit dishes.
- work with others in an Australian workplace.
How will I learn?
The course will be offered in Mixed Mode Delivery
- Classroom-based Learning, where the student attends AMES Campus’ with a Teacher/Trainer present
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
What jobs can I apply for after completing this course?
This qualification provides a pathway into working in a variety of kitchen operations roles. After completing this qualification you may find employment at establishments such as restaurants, hotels, catering companies, clubs, pubs, cafés, aged care facilities, hospitals, prisons and schools. Possible career opportunities include:
- Breakfast cook
- Catering assistant
- Fast food cook
- Sandwich hand
- Takeaway cook
What further education can I do after completing the course?
SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (not offered at AMES Australia); Short Courses
AMES Australia Bourke- Melbourne City - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Box Hill - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Dandenong - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Footscray - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Narre Warren - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Noble Park - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Oakleigh - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
AMES Australia Werribee - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- course dates
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.