SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
The Certificate II in Kitchen Operations will qualify students to work in various hospitality establishments such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops; and in institutions such as aged care facilities, hospitals, prisons, and schools.
- This course will help you launch a hospitality career.
- You will be required to study 8 core units and 5 electives.
- AMES Australia organises a kitchen operations work placement for a minimum of 120 hours for each student. All students are supervised during their placement.
- All AMES Australia industry certificate courses provide specialist English language support for refugees and migrants.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course I will know how to
- utilise cooking skills to create a career in Hospitality.
- work in a commercial kitchen environment.
- understand hygiene & commercial cleaning.
- practise safety at work.
- prepare simple dishes, appetizers, salads, stocks, soups and sauces.
- prepare vegetables, eggs, and fruit dishes.
- work with others in an Australian workplace.
An intermediate level of English is required, however your English level will be assessed on application.
February - July 2019
AMES Australia Noble ParkRead More
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- course dates
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.