Career Pathways Pilot for Humanitarian Entrants
Career Pathways Pilot for Humanitarian Entrants is a Federal funded initiative that focuses on helping skilled or professional refugees gain formal recognition of their overseas skills or qualifications. It also supports refugees to follow a career pathway that recognises the value of the skills and experiences they bring to Australia.
The program also includes the provision of financial support to eligible clients to help them with their training, retraining or skills/qualifications recognition.
To be eligible clients must:
- arrive in Australia in the past five years through the Humanitarian program
- hold the following visa subclass: 200, 201, 202, 203 or 204
- speak English well
- have a professional qualification or trade skills experience
- be work ready
A Career Pathway Advisor will work with each participant to:
- plan a career pathway in Australia
- show each participant how to use existing skills in the Australian workforce and how to obtain recognition of qualifications
- find employment opportunities and training to upskill or reskill
- achieve participant’s career goals
For more information about the program, make an enquiry.
You can find more information on the Career Pathways Pilot on the Department of Social Services’ website.