Refugee Mentoring Program
The Refugee Mentoring Program (RMP) is an individualised, intensive mentoring program for refugee clients who are registered with a jobactive provider. To be eligible for the program, you must:
- be a humanitarian entrant to Australia and hold a Visa from Subclass 200, 201, 202, 203 or 204;
- be registered with a jobactive provider and supported by them to join the program;
- have a professional qualification or trade skill;
- have a level of English sufficient to pursue employment in your profession or trade, and;
- be ready, available and eager to work.
The program aims to assist you with:
- planning a career pathway in Australia;
- identifying employment that matches your skill set;
- learning how to apply existing skills and overseas work experience in the Australian context;
- learning how to obtain recognition of overseas skills and qualifications;
- finding opportunities to upskill or reskill, and;
- achieving your career goals.
Services we provide to support in achieving your career goals:
Intensive Mentoring Program
Six months of intensive individual service provision to focus on job searching and applications.
This will include the fundamentals of:
- a skills based approach to resume writing for professional and trade clients;
- identification of skills transferrable and applicable within the context of the Australian/local job markets;
- education on reading of job advertisements and the tailoring of applications to meet defined skills sets;
- interview skills and communication techniques essential for building productive working relationships, and;
- pre-employment coaching to prepare clients for workplace expectations regarding OH&S and to ensure they understand their workplace rights.
The RMP will build and extend on the existing employer/industry and professional linkages established through the Career Pathways Pilot with direct employer connection and the investigation of establishing paid intern and trainee placement arrangements as well as identifying traditional employment opportunities.
AMES Australia already delivers highly regarded courses. The RMP also has a module based agile system of delivery not tied to traditional time frames but which can be used on a needs basis, improving accessibility and relevance for client seeking immediate access to improve a specific professional competency for earlier job readiness.
Access to Further Education
Where further higher or vocational education is deemed suitable or necessary for a client’s career goals, the RMP will assist clients to identify a suitable educational pathway, submit their application, navigate enrolment and apply for scholarships where eligible.
How to proceed:
- the program can be funded by your jobactive provider, who will also need to arrange your referral;
- a Letter of Authority to Invoice form, Purchase Order, or similar will be accepted. The cost of the Intensive Mentoring Program is $1650.00.