AMES Australia offers a large number of Work Skills courses that will help you prepare for working in Australia. We will help you choose a pathway to employment that matches your skills, interests and level of English. Our courses focus on Australian workplace communication, Australian work culture and practices and practical work skills in your chosen industry.
- Australian workplace communication – including industry related vocabulary, forms and report writing
- Australian work culture – including job search skills
- Industry specific skills - skills for the Professional, Office Administration and Customer Service sector; Retail Industry; Community Service Industry.
- A work placement of 40 hours specific to the industry – including work safety
We also have a range of pre-accredited short courses targeting specific skill development:
- Job facts
- 3 steps to employment
- Preparation for forklift license
- Preparation for white card
- Employment futures for retrenched auto industry workers
- Intensive work preparation
- Aussie cooking
- Food preparation for aged care
- Food preparation for early childhood
- Managing money
- Healthy living
Finding the right Work Skills course
Call 13 AMES to find out more information about course content, length, dates and locations.