jobactive for job seekers
jobactive is an Australian Government initiative delivered by a national network of organisations. jobactive is dedicated to getting more Australians into work.
To help you find a job, AMES Australia will match you with your own employment consultant who will help you to understand your career options and support you through the employment process. This includes:
Employment planning and training
- Identifying your skills and abilities
- Updating your skills and qualifications
- Preparing your resume and job applications
- Interview practice
Helping you find the right job
- Access to local employers
- Access to job searching facilities
Helping you keep the job
- Work clothing, tools and equipment
- Workplace visits
- Relevant on the job training
- Interpreter services
- Career counselling
- Assistance for recently redundant or retrenched employees
- Youth services
For people who require extra assistance, we also provide intensive support such as access to training and work experience placement.
To access helpful job seeker resources, such as sample cover letters and a resume checklist, click here.