Opening Minds, Building Futures
What do you want to be?
How do you decide on a career when you are 15 years old? Young people are under a lot of pressure to make decisions about their future, but school can only do so much to prepare you.
“Opening Minds, Building Futures” is a free career education program designed to help young people from Pasifika and South Sudanese backgrounds. A collaboration between AMES Australia and the Centre for Multicultural Youth, the program will shine a light on careers not previously recognised as available. We aim to educate young people, their parents and their broader communities, so that young Pasifika and South Sudanese people have the skills and knowledge required to pursue whichever career suits them, not just what has traditionally been considered accessible.
This program offers:
- Career counselling
- Interactive career workshops
- Information sessions
- Assistance to develop a Career Pathway Plan
- Culturally sensitive support
Who is the program for?
- Pasifika young people (age 13 – 17) in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
- South Sudanese young people (age 13 - 17) in the Western or North Western suburbs of Melbourne
How to register?
Complete the enquiry form on this page and one of our team members will contact you.