Job seekers FAQs


Do you help migrants find a job in Australia?

Yes we do. If you are a job seeker registered with Centrelink, AMES Australia Employment should be able to help you. Contact us to check your eligibility.

Where can I get work experience?

Some of our courses have a module that offers practical placement/work experience. AMES Australia consultants will help you to find the placement with a reputable Australian employer.

Many of AMES Australia's Vocational Education and Training courses and Work Skills courses offer work experience modules. 

If you're interested in volunteering with AMES Australia, click here to read about the different types of volunteering roles on offer, or contact us to see if something specific can be arranged. 

What AMES Australia services are available for skilled professional migrants and humanitarian entrants?

AMES Australia assists overseas qualified skilled professionals understand how to be competitive in the Australian job market. We assist with everything from writing industry-standard resumes to matching skilled migrants with Australian mentors who work in a similar profession.

Please visit our Skilled Professional Migrants Program for more information.

AMES Australia also offers tailored job searching assistance, career guidance, and post-placement support to ensure that you are well-prepared and ready to succeed in your new position. We work with a wide range of quality employers from different industries and we can help you to find suitable positions in your related field. Visit Settling Into Work for more information. 

What recruitment services do you offer employers?

Customised recruitment and training services are available for employers, visit our Employers page for more information.