If you or a family member have been told you’re eligible for NDIS disability support, or you have a current NDIS plan, AMES may be able to help you.
The NDIS is a program run by the Australian Government that helps people with disability access activities, therapies and services that help them reach their goals. If you are eligible for an NDIS plan, it could include:
- Physical therapy
- Group outings & social events
- Job skills programs
- Accommodation support
- Assisted living support
Every NDIS plan is different, depending on the needs of the client and the services you wish to include. That’s where our AMES disability support experts come in. We will meet with you to help you understand which programs will benefit you, and be there to support you throughout your journey.
NDIS support for diverse backgrounds
At AMES, we specialise in connecting migrants and people with language barriers to services that help them thrive. But it doesn’t matter what age you are, or your nationality or background, we can help anyone understand the NDIS plan. We will communicate and help you understand your NDIS in the language you speak
When you first learn about the NDIS, it can be a little confusing. That’s why we offer Support Coordination. This is a great program for people who are just starting their NDIS journey. With Support Coordination, you can meet with one of our friendly team members (Support Coordinators) who will help you:
- Understand what the NDIS is
- Understand how the NDIS works
- Select services that are in your budget
- Negotiate prices for the services you select
- Access your chosen services
- Build confidence to manage your NDIS plan on your own terms
How to access the NDIS
Before you connect with an AMES Support Coordinator, you need to register with the NDIS. Use the following steps to register:
- Check your eligibility on the NDIS website
- Complete an Access Request form with the NDIS & have it approved
- Attend a Planning Meeting with the Local Area Coordinator appointed to you by the NDIS
- Ask your NDIS Local Area Coordinator to connect you to AMES for support coordination.
If you’re not sure where to start, get in touch with our team for assistance.