Work Skills for Professionals, Customer Service & Office Administration
The context for this course 22488VIC Certificate II in EAL (Employment) is on the work skills of professionals in customer service and office administration, the full list of units are listed below
What will I learn?
The world of work
- The Australian workplace
- Working in a digital world
- Industry awareness
- Occupational Health and Safety(OHS)
- Work experience
Interacting with others
- Communication for the Australian workplace
- Teamwork in a diverse workplace
Getting the work done
- Skills for identifying and solving problems
- Skills for planning and organising
Job seeking support
- Language skills for job seeking
- Resumes and applications
- Job interview skills
(Temporarily suspended due to COVID19)
- Tools and resources to find work placement
- Work placement of 2 weeks
How will I learn?
The course will be offered in Mixed Mode Delivery
- Classroom-based Learning, where the student attends AMES Campus’ with a Teacher/Trainer present
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
An intermediate level of English is required, however your English level will be assessed on application.
10 weeks at Flagstaff with 2 weeks work experience, 20 weeks (semester based) at all other centres with 2 weeks work experience.
Term 1 2022
AMES Australia Bourke - Melbourne CityRead More
This course is funded by Skills Frist and available to permanent residents and citizens in Australia.The fee is determined by your eligibility for Government funding. Click here for more information on applicable fees or contact AMES Australia to check your eligibility for a concession fee.
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- course dates
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.