Wifi Terms and Conditions
The BYOD_AMES wireless network is an unencrypted wireless service.
Only current visitors of AMES Australia may use this service.
By accessing or using this service, you represent that you are currently a visitor of AMES Australia and acknowledge that you have read all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, understand them, and agree to be legally bound by them.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- People accessing wireless network do so at their own risk and AMES Australia takes no responsibility for any costs, loss or damage (direct or indirect) sustained by the user, including:
- Wear and tear
- Damage due to force majeure
- Virus or other Malware
- Configuration changes
- High volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are not permitted.
- Hosting a web server or any other server by use of our service is prohibited.
- Trying to access someone else's account, sending unsolicited bulk e-mail, collection of other people's personal data without their knowledge and interference with other network users are all prohibited.
AMES reserves the right to:
- Block internet services such as Peer-to-Peer and streaming video services and inappropriate sites
- Monitor usage for quality assurance purposes
- Limit bandwidth
- Take any additional measures deemed necessary by AMES in its sole discretion
- Suspend the wireless service if AMES reasonably believes that your use of the service is unreasonably excessive or you are using the service for criminal or illegal activities
AMES may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violation of this Terms and Conditions may result in the suspension or termination of your access and will be interpreted as actionable behaviour by AMES and could result in civil and/or criminal liability.
AMES also reserves the right to revise, amend or modify these Terms & Conditions, our other policies and agreements and aspects of the service itself.