Proposer Information

Under the Special Humanitarian Program (SHP), a person or community organisation can assist another person or family who are living in a refugee-like situation overseas to come to Australia.

A proposer can be a relative, friend or an organisation that sponsors an individual or a family who has been forced to flee their home country because of war and exposure to persecution to resettle in Australia.

To become a proposer, you must agree to help the person or the family to settle in Australia by providing practical and financial assistance.

What do I need to do as a proposer?

The following flyer provides information about your role and responsibilities as a proposer.

Choose a flyer in your preferred language from the list below: