22 new occupations added to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
Update:26 June 2021
The Minister for Immigration, Alex Hawke MP, announced yesterday that 22 new occupations will be added to the PMSOL. The new occupations have been included based on the feedback received from industry bodies, Australian businesses, and stakeholders on critical skill vacancies.
This is welcomed news to many industries who have been struggling to fill labour shortages in these fields. Inclusion in the PMSOL means that individuals who are sponsored by Australian businesses, who are outside Australia are able to request travel exemptions to enter Australia.
It also means that employer sponsored visa applications on the PMSOL will be subjected to priority processing.
The new occupations are:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
If you would like to learn more about these changes and how it might impact your eligibility, call us on 1300 98 70 71 and speak to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.