Victoria releases the nomination criteria for Skilled Work Regional Subclass 491 visa
Applications for Victorian nomination under the subclass 491 visa program will open from 9 am Monday 18 November 2019.
The primary eligibility criteria are summarised as follows:
- Be under 45 years of age
- Have a Competent level of English language
- Be nominated in an occupation on the subclass 491 list
- Hold a skills assessment in the nominated occupation
- Have a genuine intention to live, work and study in a designated regional area in Victoria
- Offer of employment (see below for further information)
- Meet the financial resource requirements
Offer of employment
All applicants seeking nomination are required to provide evidence of a current offer of employment in a position located in a designated regional area of Victoria. The employment must be in your nominated occupation and must be for full time work (38 hours) for a period of at least 12 months. Non-ongoing offers of employment will also be accepted.
You can provide the following documents to demonstrate you have a current employment letter:
- Signed contract/ letter of offer which includes your employer’s Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Confirmation of Employment Statement
- An official position description from your employer outlining the key duties and responsibilities
It is also necessary to provide evidence that there is a genuine need within the business for the nominated position, and that the business is active and been operating for at least two years in a designated regional area of Victoria and lastly evidence that you were selected through a merit-based recruitment process.
If you would like to assess your eligibility for Victorian state nomination for the subclass 491 visa, contact the Skilled Migration Team on 1300 98 70 71 or via email on email@example.com