Digital Literacy for Study
Digital Literacy courses are designed for learners who need to improve their digital skills for everyday life and online learning. It aims to help students to enhance online learning engagement as well as free online language learning resources and websites.
The courses support learners to gain digital skills for study through practical and applied learning activities. Each module provides opportunities for learners to participate in individual, small group or whole class activities, helping them build confidence and develop their skills.
Digital Literacy is offered in two levels: Beginners and Post-beginners.
What will you learn?
- An Introduction to Digital Literacy, computer words, and myAMES
- myAMES Learning Activities and Assessments (asynchronous)
- Zoom Meetings and Zoom Functions (synchronous)
- Emails, Healthy Use of Computer
- PowerPoint, PDF, organising files on computer
- myAMES in depth
- Online Learning (online dictionary, games, quizzes, spell checker, etc.)
- Microsoft Word Basics
- Online communication: emails (compose, reply, attachments, etiquette, etc.)
- Being secure online, email scams, online tracking and judging information online.
This is a Learn Local endorsed course, supported by the Victorian Government.
How will I learn?
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
- Face to face learning available but subject to COVID-19 restrictions
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
Applicants may be eligible for government subsidised training if they meet Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent visa holder requirements. If eligible no tuition fees apply.
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- more information about this course
- your eligibility
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.