Occupational English Test Preparation
This course is designed for health professionals (doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, physiotherapists) with overseas qualifications intending to sit the OET exam in order to get recognition of overseas qualifications and meet the requirements of APHRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
This course prepares you for these goals and the OET exam. Our qualified and experienced teachers will give you detailed test tips to get you the OET score you need.
The course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding and eligible students will be enrolled in units from the 22491VIC Certificate III in EAL (Further Study).
Over the years, AMES Australia has delivered the OET Preparation Course in a classroom setting. The course runs for 10 weeks, four days a week and takes on a weekly OET thematic approach focusing on building skills in:
- Speaking including role plays
With the recent changes due to Covid-19, the OETPreparation course has transitioned to 100% remote delivery. The course length, themes and focus will remain the same, however, the method of delivery will vary.
Remote learning will be supported using the following platforms:
- Electronic materials pack
- Paper-based resources
- One on one and group zoom sessions
Weekly class activities include:
- Twice weekly group zoom session with teacher to introduce and discuss the activities and topics for the week
- One on one zoom session with teacher for speaking & listening test practice
- myAmes speaking and pronunciation activities (twice weekly)
- myAmes reading activities (twice weekly)
- myAmes Grammar practice
- myAmes speaking forums
- Reading & writing test practice and individual feedback from teacher
- Class interactions, questions and discussions are enabled through the Zoom sessions and the myAmes Forum.
How will I learn?
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
This is a Learn Local endorsed course, supported by the Victorian Government.
AMES Australia Lonsdale StreetRead More
This course will be delivered remotely and material fees will apply.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Tuition fees may not apply if eligible.
Click here for more information on applicable fees or contact AMES Australia to check your eligibility for a concession fee
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- more information about this course
- your eligibility
- arrange your English level to be assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.