Pathways for Further Study
AMES Australia Pathways for Further Study courses are suitable for advanced English learners who wish to pursue further study at an Australian university or TAFE.
If you are a medical professional planning to sit the Occupational English Test (OET) or need results from an academic IELTS test, this course will help you to develop strong reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, improve your grammar and vocabulary, and improve your English fluency. You will also become familiar with test formats and practice responding to similar test questions under test conditions.
Why study with us?
AMES Australia's Pathway for Further Study courses will give you an edge because you get:
- Qualified and experienced teachers
- Complete test training in the writing, reading, listening & speaking test skills
- Weekly full practice tests in real test conditions to develop familiarity with the OET and IELTS examination format
- Practice examination tasks that are graded and bench-marked against the OET and IELTS point scale
- Detailed test tips
- Personalised student feedback including individualised skills need analysis
- Most up to date and tailored learning materials and access to the Individual Learning Centre Resources at AMES Australia
What will I learn?
The courses are divided into different units based on topics commonly found in the OET and IELTS exams. Each unit is divided into different sections so that you can:
- Improve your speaking skills to use in workplace situations by taking part in role-plays and interviews
- Practice letter writing to meet the writing task criteria paying attention to length, layout, style and content
- Develop and expand your note-taking skills essential for the reading and listening subtest
- Learn strategies which will help you make effective use of your time when taking the exam
- Broaden your vocabulary and grammatical range, with particular attention paid to paraphrases, synonyms and collocation which are all essential for students who want to get excellent test results