Intensive IELTS Preparation
This course is designed for people intending to sit the Academic IELTS test in order to study at a University and/or TAFE, to obtain recognition of overseas qualifications in Australia, for visa purposes or to have proof of a high level of English. The course prepares you to achieve these goals and the IELTS test. Qualified and experienced teachers will provide you with test tips and practice tests.
The course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding and eligible students will be enrolled in units from the 22491VIC Certificate III in EAL (Further Study).
BackgroundOver the years, AMES Australia has delivered the IELTS Preparation Course in a classroom setting. The course runs for 20 weeks, four days a week and takes on a weekly IELTS thematic approach focusing on building skills in:
- Speaking including role plays
With the recent changes due to Covid-19, the IELTS Preparation course has transitioned to 100% remote delivery. The course length, themes and focus will remain the same, however, the method of delivery will vary.
Remote learning will be supported using the following platforms:
- Online using myAmes
- Electronic materials pack
- Paper-based resources
- One on one and group zoom sessions
- Skype for Business
Weekly class activities include:
- Five weekly group zoom session with teacher to introduce and discuss the activities and topics for the week
- One on one zoom session with teacher for speaking & listening test practice
- myAmes speaking and pronunciation activities (twice weekly)
- myAmes reading activities (twice weekly)
- myAmes Grammar practice
- myAmes speaking forums
- Reading & writing test practice and individual feedback from teacher
- Class interactions, questions and discussions are enabled through the Zoom sessions and the myAmes Forum.
How will I learn?
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
The Intensive IELTS preparation course is supported by the Victorian Government.
- Thu 5th Aug at 1:00 PM - Online - Information Session will be on Zoom
- Mon 20th Sep at 12:00 PM - Online - Information Session will be on Zoom
- Mon 27th Sep at 12:00 PM - Online - Information Session will be on Zoom
- Thu 16th Dec at 1:00 PM - Online - Information Session will be on Zoom
- Thu 4th Nov at 1:00 PM - Online - Information Session will be on Zoom
AMES Australia Bourke- Melbourne City - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
This course will be delivered remotely and material fees will apply.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
Tuition fees may not apply if eligible.
Please refer to the schedule of fees for more informationhere.
How to Enrol
Enquire to find out:
- more information about this course
- your eligibility
- arrange your English level to be assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.