Tasmania Skilled Migration Priorities and Updates
Update: 4 November 2021
Tasmanian State Nomination Skilled Migration Program supports Tasmanian businesses and skilled workers to boost the State’s economic growth. The focus is to retain skilled migrants genuinely in need by employers, or with the capacity to settle long-term in Tasmania through employment, and business activities that will increase employment opportunities.
Total of 3300 places are allocated for 2021-22 Tasmania Skilled Migration program.
Subclass 491 has 2200 places and Subclass 190 is allocated 1100 places.
Migration Tasmania will prioritise the nominations in the following order:
1. Candidates with an employment offer and a positive skills assessment related to critical roles* (health, allied health, infrastructure, engineering).
Critical Roles include applicants engaged by Government to assist in Tasmania Covid response, who continue to provide critical health services and only highly skilled and specialised applicants with roles supporting agriculture, infrastructure.
2. Candidates with an employment and skills assessment related to the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List (TSOL) .
3. Candidates in other skilled employment (ANZSCO Skill Level 1-3) with a closely related skills assessment.
4. New business owners providing substantial employment opportunities for local Australian citizens, permanent residents or provisional visa holders.
5. All other eligible candidates with skills or training relevant to the needs of Tasmania and who can make a genuine contribution to Tasmania through skilled employment.
The applicants who have already applied but are not in critical roles are being considered only after priority applications for critical roles have been processed.
Applications under Priorities 1-3 will be approved and nominated on an ongoing basis. Whereas other eligible applicants will be nominated if sufficient quota places are available.
As the nomination places available are very limited, priority 4 and 5 applicants may not receive an outcome for few weeks even after their application is considered.
If you would like to learn more about the Tasmania state nomination process, check your eligibility, or require assistance with lodging your nomination/application, please call us on 1300 98 70 71 and speak to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.