3 Steps to Employment
This is a 30 hour course delivered over 8 successive sessions for unemployed people, some long term, predominantly from a CALD background.
20 hours will be delivered in a live interactive online lecture (eg. through Zoom) and the balance will be through exercises and resources on the myAMES platform and one on one online, telephone or text communication.
The focus of the first course, "Pathway Plan", is to identify employment goals, acknowledge current skills, identify gaps in knowledge and skills for that employment, and to develop a realistic, tailored plan to address the skills required to achieve articulated work goals. In this first component of the course the teacher, and a specialist pathway planner will work with participants to develop a digitally formatted pathway plan.
The second course "Resume” will teach participants to translate current skills and work related goals into a digitally formatted resume and to familiarise themselves with the job search process.
The final course "Interview" focuses on interview techniques to assist participants to secure employment. The focus is on personal presentation, communication, identifying and selling individual skills and experience, questioning and response, body language and other markers of successful communication and interaction for both formal and informal interviews. Mock interviews and performance feedback will be a feature.
Moderate English language skills. Reasonable familiarity with computers and word processing.
- Must have capacity and capability to access and use computer with internet
What will I learn?
- Learners will be able to articulate their employment goals and review their capabilities and gaps to achieve these. They will be able to develop a considered pathway plan to achieve their goals and will present this in a digital format, thus enhancing their digital literacy skills in the process.
- Learners will be able to know and articulate their strengths, and translate these into a simple and clear digitally formatted resume.
- Learners will become familiar with the Australian job search process.
- Learners will experience Australian interview processes, some for the first time. Participants will learn how to select and promote their capabilities with confidence. They will receive immediate constructive feedback regarding their performance through the mock interview process which they can utilise to improve their performance.
How will I learn?
The course will be offered
- Online Learning, where the student studies remotely off campus using training materials that are provided online or correspondence by the Teacher/Trainer
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
- Thu 28th Jan at 10:00 AM - Zoom Online info session
AMES Australia Flagstaff - Melbourne City - Service Restrictions ApplyRead More
How to Enrol
Enquire now to find out:
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.