3 Steps to Employment
This is a 30 hour course delivered over 8 successive sessions for unemployed people, some long term, predominantly from a CALD background.
The focus of the first course, "Pathway Plan", is to identify employment goals, acknowledge current skills, identify gaps in knowledge and skills for that employment, and to develop a realistic, tailored plan to address the skills required to achieve articulated work goals. In this first component of the course the teacher, and a specialist pathway planner will work with participants to develop a digitally formatted pathway plan.
The second course "Resume” will teach participants to translate current skills and work related goals into a digitally formatted resume and to familiarise themselves with the job search process.
The final course "Interview" focuses on interview techniques to assist participants to secure employment. The focus is on personal presentation, communication, identifying and selling individual skills and experience, questioning and response, body language and other markers of successful communication and interaction for both formal and informal interviews. Mock interviews and performance feedback will be a feature.
Moderate English language skills. Reasonable familiarity with computers and word processing.
- Must have capacity and capability to access and use computer with internet
What will I learn?
- Learners will be able to articulate their employment goals and review their capabilities and gaps to achieve these. They will be able to develop a considered pathway plan to achieve their goals and will present this in a digital format, thus enhancing their digital literacy skills in the process.
- Learners will be able to know and articulate their strengths, and translate these into a simple and clear digitally formatted resume.
- Learners will become familiar with the Australian job search process.
- Learners will experience Australian interview processes, some for the first time. Participants will learn how to select and promote their capabilities with confidence. They will receive immediate constructive feedback regarding their performance through the mock interview process which they can utilise to improve their performance.
How will I learn?
The course will be offered
- Classroom-based Learning (Face to face), where you attends AMES Campus’ with a Teacher/Trainer present
For more information visit AMES Australia online service standards.
Friday 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM (One hour break)
This is a Learn Local endorsed course, supported by the Victorian Government.
AMES Australia Bourke - Melbourne CityRead More
The fee is determined by your eligibility for Government funding. Click here for more information on applicable fees or contact AMES Australia to check your eligibility for a concession fee
How to Enrol
Enquire now to find out:
- your eligibility
- arrange a time to have your English level assessed
The course will be run subject to enrolment numbers.