Jobs Victoria Employment Service (JVES)
AMES Australia is a Jobs Victoria Partner. We have a team of Jobs Victoria mentors and support services that can provide advice, help update your skills, and support you into a job that suits you.
AMES Australia provides these services across Inner Melbourne, Central Highlands, Mallee, Wimmera Southern Mallee and Gippsland. You can view a map of all Jobs Victoria providers here: Find support in your local area
I am looking for work. Am I eligible for Jobs Victoria Mentor services?
You are eligible for Jobs Victoria Mentor services if you:
- have been unemployed for six months or more, or
- are unemployed and at risk of long-term unemployment due to challenges when seeking employment, and you are not receiving enough support through other services.
Challenges you may be having looking for work may include, but are not limited to:
- not completed secondary education
- lack of post-school qualifications
- little or no local work experience
- low English language proficiency
- low literacy (reading/writing)
- lack of digital literacy
- lack of knowledge of job search techniques/processes
- limited social and professional networks that can assist job seeking
- personal circumstances that make it harder for you to find or hold down a job such as experience of family violence, unstable housing, homelessness, mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependence
- low confidence and self-esteem.
To be eligible you must be resident in Victoria, and either:
- an Australian citizen
- a permanent resident or
- a temporary resident under Australia’s refugee and humanitarian program who hold visas with work entitlements.
Jobs Victoria services are free and voluntary.
Can I get support from Jobs Victoria if I am registered with a Commonwealth Government employment service like jobactive?
Yes. If you meet the eligibility criteria above, and you are receiving support from a Commonwealth employment service like jobactive, you are still eligible for Jobs Victoria Mentor services.
You can call us on 13 26 37, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the enquiry form and we will contact you.
I’m an employer and I am interested to recruit employees
If you’re an employer looking for staff, AMES Australia can help you plan your recruitment and connect you to ready, local jobseekers. It’s a free service.